Foscam sucks

Bought an $85 Foscam web cam through Ebay.More than 14 days passed from the time I bought it till the time that I couldn't get it working so the seller on Ebay was within his/her rights not accepting a return.

I turn to the manufacturer of the camera (Foscam) who will not furnish technical assistance or replacement for any webcam not purchased through them directly because they contend that there are many knockoffs to their cameras. That's BS especially since the camera itself and the packaging have detailed descriptors of who manufactured it.

So now I have an $85 paper weight.Foscam is a FosScam.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 7 No 7
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 03 #1105822

Bought 4 new FI9821Ps last summer. They STOPPED working 2 weeks ago. Their "support" page pops up a chat window every couple of minutes. Its a SALES chat. Their SUPPORT chat is always down. Trying to download firmware updates is a JOKE. I had to re-sign up with my email address (which of coarse they now spam me with offers for their POS cameras). Then, clicking the link to do the actual download, pops up a "WARNING" page telling you about the risks involved if you install the wrong update. BUT, the popup never goes away, and you can't click on any download link! WTF!!!! I'm going out of my way to warn ALL my friends and anyone else who'll listen. SAVE YOUR MONEY!! DO NOT buy any foscam product. They are JUNK and so is the company.

Dec 27, 2014 #921673 Jamaica, New York

The company representing Foscam in Houston, TX is a joke! Slow to ship, forget about calling (phone support, yeah right...) and they're greedy regarding 10% restocking fee even if you return within 30 days unused in original packaging! People are better off buying through Amazon with Prime, etc.
The Chinese Foscam company is actually pretty about technical support. Although, language barriers can often confuse things I've experienced very good and effective email tech support from Foscam China.
Avoid the greedy, lazy, jerks in Houston, TX and you should be happy with Foscam IPCams...

1 0 Reply

Jan 14, 2014 #773243

If you purchase these camera thru sellers other than, Foscam Digital Technologies LLC, or sold by Amazon, chances are they are not genuine Foscam cameras.
I've purchased 7 FI8918W block cameras from these 3 sellers. All work fine. I had a FI8910 from that didn't work properly. They eventuall did accept the return and refunded the $.
What seller did you purchase this from?

Feb 02, 2013 #603215 Houston, Texas

The company sucks. I feel like product is a knockoff. I just hope a big company like Samsung comes out and destroys these idiots that think that Foscam is going to be the best in the world. I own 2 and I haven't received a tech support and I heard that the tech support is really really bad.

1 0 Reply

Dec 21, 2012 #585156 Minneapolis, Minnesota

These cameras are made in China and branded Foscam. Then sold in the U.S. So, yes... there are knockoffs! Foscam only offers support if you purchase from there company/website. Strange.

Apr 09, 2015 #970200 Denver, Colorado

Their policy states that they only offer support if you buy direct however, there still isn't anyone there who can or will do anything to help. They only exchange empty emails that ask if you've tried rebooting or updating the software. There is no real support.

Oct 08, 2012 #552397

Ordered two of the new higher end cameras, neither would connect to wifi, tried multiple networks.I am network admin. This company sucks........... you can never get a real person. I ordered 2 replacements of a different model and sent email for return as instructed. No reply to my email but they sure took my money again for the cameras. Scammers sales people watch out.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Foscam. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Foscam.
Filing a new complaint about